This Grammy nominated little darling has captured not just my heart, but the hearts of many. I could just see the story unfold before my eyes as I lay back, relaxed and listened. There isn't just a hint of Native American culture, but a down right canyon full. The music is deep magical and awesome for journeying. I would recommend it to anyone with a pension for the Native American way, or just wants a great CD to stir the soul. Theses tracks are nothing short of stupendous. Thanks Michael, for setting my soul free.
1. The Village - I could see the village so clearly, what a sense of peace and home.
2. Siyotanka - The drumming got right into my heart and the flute spoke to me, soulful and deep.
3. Grandfather - I loved the chanting and the energy was amazing. I could hear drums going back and forth between my speakers.
4. The Quest - This piece was very gentle and relaxing, I could feel myself journeying within my own mind.
5. The Dream - A thunderstorm, I could feel the rain and wind, this is a blessed gift, the flute took me home. (My favorite)
6. Nuka - The sunrise after, happy flute and dancing world. Such grateful energy. ( My other Favorite)
7. Three Trees - I felt myself swaying to the peaceful rhythms.
8. Beyond the Unknown - Interesting piece, I felt tense and relaxed all at the same time, nice Native American Spirit.
9. Night Watcher - Cool, I could feel the night and it's creatures, very nicely done.
10. Branched Horn - I loved the drums and the rattles, I was drawn into a magic world.
11. Becoming Takoda - So flowing and deep, very thoughtful provoking intense emotion.
12. Siyotanka Reprise - A huge and happy smile and hug, home safe, what an incredible trip.
The CD can be purchased at http://www.siyotanka.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=55
I am playing the songs on my radio station : http://wer1radio.com/ so please feel free to tune in and listen.
Love & Light,